Sunday, June 10, 2012

Goodhue + Hale = GoodHale


 


 On Sunday, June 10th I married my Superhero, Brad!  We couldn't have hoped or dreamed of a better wedding or one that perfectly suited.  We were blessed with many friends traveling great distances such as California, Chicago, Ohio, Pennsylvania, all of  New England and even Rutland.  The wedding took place in Saratoga Springs, New York. 



 






With everyone traveling distances, we really wanted to have the extra time to enjoy everyone being together.  So, on Saturday evening, my father hosted the Reception at his home about 15 minutes outside of Saratoga.  Rutland local favorites Jeff Poremski and Aaron Audet entertained us with some wonderful music, we had great food, dancing, camp fire and the best part being with the people we love most!!










Our ceremony was at the Batcheller Mansion Inn in Saratoga Springs on Sunday morning.  As you can see it was a picture perfect day, and yes there was LOTS of photographers there to photograph!!  Which seems to be the #1 question to ask me about the wedding, is who photographed our wedding.  Well we only had 70 guest at the wedding and almost 50 of those guest were photographers and their families.  Most of them I have known since I was 15/16 years old. They are family to me, and over the last 6 years have become Brad's family as well. We are incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends!

To have some sort of order and wanting our friends to be able to enjoy themselves we asked different photographers to be in charge of little pieces of the day.  So one friend photographed the reception at my fathers home, another photographer photographed Brad getting ready, another of me getting ready, one for the ceremony and so on. We soon came up with the slogan "Team GoodHale"



 
For those that have been at the studio have certainly seen Lola and Lexie, our Golden Doodles.  We had to have them there, being they are such a big part of our family.  Caitlyn, Brad's daughter was my maid of honor and my godson, Jelani was the best man.  Our most adorable flower princess, Charlie came all the way from Ohio to be part of our special day. Her Mommy and Daddy our dear friends of ours! 


If you couldn't tell by now, one of my favorite colors is purple. I was on a mission to find the coolest purple shoes, and I did!!











 
This was the first official photograph we saw from the wedding, we were on our way to NYC to fly out for our honeymoon (Germany!!).  I now truly understand when my brides gush over their images.  Our friend, Charlie Parker produced the EXACT image I was hoping for.  I wanted something very classic, Victorian, traditional. He nailed it!! I really felt at that point if this was the only image I had from the wedding, I would be happy.  Of course thousands more will follow, but this one will always be extra special!














After the ceremony we had a brunch at the Inn and spent more time with our guest.  Mid afternoon most were headed home and we went off to Saratoga New York State Park to have photographs taken with Mark and Jen Garber (our flower girl's, mommy and daddy).  In my industry, Mark and Jennifer are considered the leading wedding photographers in the country. 





I think you can see why!!  The talent that surrounded us that day was AMAZING!  A BIG thank you to the "official" photographers Eric Stoner, Matthew Payeur, Don Whipple, Nancy Green, Bernie Littlefield, Charlie Parker, Wayne Tarr, Mark and Jennifer Garber.  






Brad and I can't thank our family and friends enough for the love and support as we became Mr and Mrs Bradley GoodHale.  OOOHH I almost forgot.  The #2 question I am getting is about my name change and many thinking I was lucky enough to find someone with a name so close to mine.  Nope, my last name was Goodhue ( I know many of you only know me as Donna from Expressions) and Brad's last name was Hale.  We have combined our names and both have legally changed our name to be GoodHale!

No comments: