Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Brad finishes at CCV

My educational journey takes a new turn. After several semesters of general education courses at CCV, I have finished my last class there. I ended with an Assessment of Prior Learning class. Over this semester I documented my prior adult college level learning covering my career and training from the Air Force, Police service, Fire service, EMS, Fish and Wildlife, Emergency Management, and Homeland Security. Many friends, co-workers, supervisors and experts weighed in with letters documenting my learning. A biographical essay, my resume' and pages of supporting certificates all to create a 100 page portfolio. This complete body of work will be examined by 5 professors who will hopefully grant my request for 61 college credits. Added to my 15 from CCV and 23 from CCAF which will put me at 99 credits. To complete my Bachelor Degree I must move on to a bigger school as CCV only offers Associate Degrees. My choice is the National Labor College in Silver Springs, Maryland. Looking forward to a 2013 graduation.





No comments: