Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mr and Mrs Owens!


PJ and Sheri couldn't have asked for a better day for their wedding. Or a better location. Friends of theirs in the small town of Wallingford had a lovely home with a breathtaking yard.









I guess we should back up and have Brad tell you who PJ and Sherri are....
PJ is the only real surviving friend from high school so to speak. We both worked computer jobs early on at the same companies only at differnt times, We spent 18 years working together at Manchester PD. Many many years of mental health days( beer drinking for the uninitiated).





They did a lot with their Irish heritage and many little details that to me make a wedding. And trust me, I have been to a few weddings.





One of the great things that PJ and Sherri did was include PJ's son and daughter in the ceremony. This wasn't just about PJ and Sherri's commitment to each other but the commitment to be a family.






My favorite image of the day. It really shows how happy they are together as a family.


This photo pretty much sums up our friendship, there for the good, there for the bad and always, always with a beer.
Enough said














We took advantage of looking good to get a nice photograph of the three of us. Though I love our Groton photo each year, it is nice to have one where I got a REAL shower to start the day!



So the BIG question for ME was what do I do at a wedding as a guest???? Take photos, why not.... everyone else is!!

But boy was it nice to take a few and be done. I even got to eat some of the hordeouvres.



This is what Cait does at a wedding!!











This is what Brad does at a wedding!!
Hey! the food has to be quality tested does it not?


As a gift we printed out a few of the images I took with a 4x6 printer in the back of the Jeep and put them in the frame. It was a nice surprise for them.

1 comment:

Deborah A Calnan said...

Lovely! Looks like everyone had a good day including you!