Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Gavel is passed!

Even though I was installed as president of PPANE in September, we don't actually pass the gavel till the November meeting.  This is the beginning of our fiscal year.  My dear friend Bob Lizzari made me an extra large gavel as you can see compared to Bernie's, our outgoing president.  I think it was his hint for me to "speak softly and carry a big stick and you will go far" from our 26th president, Theodore Roosevelt.  The humor was needed after a long 2 day meeting.  My heart was very sad over the fact that our budget and finance committee had to except the resignation of our Excitative Director, Roland Laramie.  The thought of being the first president in over 25 years to do this without him made tears run down my face for 3 days.  I finally turned it around telling my self that I would be the 1st president to have a whole year to honor him and dedicate this year's convention to him.

No comments: