Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2009

If you ask any of my roommates from college they will tell you I am not a halloween fan.  In fact I think I have gotten away with avoiding this tradition since I was in about 4 grade.  You see I lived in California in the mid 70's when the big scare about people putting razors in candy.  It just didn't seem like much fun as a kid to watch your parents cut a 1 inch candy bar into 5 pieces to make sure it was safe.  From that point on, I never understood why we would celebrate WEIRD people and give them and excuse to behave badly.  So needless to say I did a pretty good job having NOTHING to do with Halloween.  Well this year Brad and I were invited to Danielle and Steve Schutt's house for a party.  My biggest fear had come true, the invite read... COSTUMES ONLY.  Being that Brad works at the PD with Steve and I knew them from years of doing everything from SR, wedding, and family portraits, I knew there was no avoiding this.  So the search started on what we would wear.  After looking at the prices in costume stores, we decided we would make something.  Or should I say Brad would make something since this was his gig and not mine.  We ended up finding an over size pair of handcuffs and Brad went to Walmart to buy grey sweatpants and tee-shirts and a can of spray paint.  He spent all of $21 for all of it.  He made the perfect inmate apparel.  So off we went to the party.  Did I have FUN you might ask???  I enjoyed being with Brad and his co-workers but I would have much preferred all of us to have our regular cloths on.  Knowing how I am pretty good about taking snap shots of this stuff you must be wondering where the picture is of us??????  As fate would have it my little point and shoot camera was stolen out of the Jeep.  The only photos on it was all the COPS dressed up for Halloween.  How funny is that!!!  We are working on getting at least one of the two of us from the host of the party to prove that I did dress up!!

No comments: