Thursday, July 31, 2008

Helping out

Someone needs to support the local economy!! My brother did just that.
Greg bought a new place and moved in and was in the process of building a new porch and also needed a shed built. But the only time we had was a night after work. So at 5 pm I pulled up to his new place to begin work. I showed up with my compressor, nail gun, worm drive saw, some assorted hand tools.

Greg had already built the floor platform for a solid 10x10 structure. So for the next 3 and half hours we framed the walls and front door, cut and installed rafters, placed strapping for the siding and called it a night. I think we got a good head start on the shed. Also shown is the porch he and his father-in-law started, still needs a roof.

This is my niece Rachel. She is showing off the scar she received from a scooter accident just few weeks prior. She flipped a scooter and ripped the L shaped gash in her calf. She was up and playing the next day.

No comments: