Monday, August 11, 2008

It is OUR Birthday

August 10th, 2008 A birthday for two.
My step-father Hank turned 75 this year, Donna turned ??, its not polite to ask. My mom took us all out for brunch at South Station in Rutland. Greg and his family, Donna, Cait and I, and Mom and Hank.
This is the motley crew after
finishing brunch.
We all had a laugh at some pretty funny cards. We are taking Hank to Quincy MA later this summer to visit his ship he was assigned to in the Navy. The USS Salem is docked in the harbor and is now a museum there. He has not seen it since he left it in 1954 or so. Check it out at
www.uss-salem.org
After brunch and goodbyes, Donna and I headed out on our next adventure. This is a shot of Donna and I at the top of Killington. I was hoping to have a romantic picnic that I had packed for us. But as luck would have it one of several storms in the area rolled in and we were forced down the mountain. So we headed to the next stop early, which was to be a quiet night by a campfire and some wine and each other. The rain kept coming, and the day turned to night way before its time. If we could have only crawled into my head where the picture perfect plans for the night were fabulous. We decide to return home and spend the evening with the drinks and watching the Olympics. I will have my work cut out for next year.

No comments: