Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pia's Cookies

Who is Pia you ask? Pia is my adopted german daughter. She is a wonderful 21 year old blue eyed 'strassenkouterblond' which literaly means street dog blonde or dirty blonde. This gem stayed with my family for three weeks in 2004 on an exchange trip from Luedinghausen, Germany. And as luck would have it we visited her in Germany in 2005 for 4 weeks. To let everyone know Pia loves american chocolate chip cookies with nuts. I send some whenever I can.


Before christmas this year while Cait was staying with us we decided to make a batch of cookies to send over as Pia is attending University in the Netherlands and every college students needs care packages from home.


The results of Cait's and my labor are below



Lots of chips and nuts and a whole bunch of LOVE

After cooling we packed the cookies into a tupperware bin each individually wrapped. It weighed over 4 pounds. I have heard back from Pia who is the envy of her mates for having an american dad who bakes her cookies. I hope she shared them!!!!

Just a note here....usually with divorce there is a lot of negativity, but luckily I have been able to do alot of these little projects and spend time with Cait more than I did before the divorce. I love you Cait.

No comments: