Monday, December 24, 2007

New Job


After 6 months wading through a hiring process like I have never been through before the news came. At 10:00 am on December 24th I received the call from Lt Geno of the Rutland City Police Department that I had been given the job of Communication Operator there. I think the whole neighborhood heard my yell of triumph. I was in Manchester within the next few hours tendering my resignation with the Chief.

Of course Donna and I celebrated that night with a bottle of champagne!!!!
I had been a dispatcher for the Manchester Police Department for over 18 years 15 of that full time. After moving to Rutland City the commute was getting long and the schedule at Manchester allowed little time to be with Cait.
The news could not come at a better time, what a Xmas present. Also It allowed Donna and I to sure up our plans to vacation in Florida and attend her National conference in Tampa between jobs.



No comments: