Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Training Again!

Lucky for me as an instructor, update training is mandatory. I headed back to the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, Alabama. I would be taking two week long courses. TERT - Technical Emergency Response Training, and RP - Respiratory Protection Management.







Sitting in class waiting to suit up in Level B Chem Suits. Notice the concentration











Level B includes SCBA, self contained breathing apparatus. Luckily I am very familiar with it from my Fire service days.







In the lanes waiting for subjects to decontaminate. My position is Decon Command. Notice the spiffy boots and gloves.













Subway scenario, Survey and Monitor for nerve agent. In this case GB or VX.










Checking for nerve agent with the latest in detection gear.












Got a hit, VX. (deadly).













International Relations. I make friends from Israel. Six members of the Israeli Defense Force were my classmates for the first week. I traded my RPD hat for the shirt.






My IDF shirt. I have an invitation to visit them, who knows?

No comments: