Wednesday, June 9, 2010

tree DOWN!

Sitting at work and I get this photo sent to my cell phone. A clear sunny day and a property line tree in the backyard decided to fall down and take out our fence. Needless to say I would burn some leave time today to take care of this.





It couldn't just hit one section. I had to hit both the wooden fence and the chain link fencing







Here is the culprit. The crotch of a main leader had rotted below the heart wood and just decided it had had enough.









WHY?










Beyond repair. New fencing will be needed.













Old twisted sum' bitch.



























Little help from friends. Courtney Stevens' dad Randall to the rescue. Good man with a saw. Having worked in the logging industry I know a good sawyer when I see one. Many Thanks








Can I help?








Almost cleared!












Chunking up the last part of the butt end.











Postman asked for the wood. "SURE, take all you want!!!"












"Make sure you get all of it!"









Temporary fix. Had to keep Lexie from visiting the rest of the neighborhood








The scar. All said and done the tree still stands. Good news is that it leans away from us now!!!










Three days later on another sunny day this tree decides to come down on the other side of the house.







We must have gremlins living in the trees around here!!

No comments: