Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Preposal




After 5 years it was time. So after the festivities and with the Austin/Williams/Allo gang I posted the following on Donna's Facebook page.



It started with a wink I got, signed Hugs, D.M.G.
On a chance you made a choice, how fortunate for me
A MATCH made in cyber space, through IM and email
We shared all our stories with every intimate detail
Hours upon hours we spent talking on the phone
Neither of us wanting to spend those long nights alone
We made a love connection, which was clearly heart to heart
And every day since we kissed, we’ve hardly been apart
I met your friends, and family, and all your associations
I ‘m proud to say, I joined your world without hesitation
Along with me came Caitlyn, you got two for the price of one
Even with the ups and downs, we’ve had a hell of a lot of fun
Now here we are together, as a whole kit-and-caboodle
A home, a kid, a kitty, and a couple of golden doodles
So now’s the time that I digress and must make a confession
I’ve penned this verse with the intent to ask you the question
You’ve been my Ethel, and I your Vern, from the very start
The relationship that we have crafted, is a classic work of art
For every Queen there is a King, forever shall they reign
I will always be your superhero, if you’ll be my Lois Lane
So here it is, the time has come, to get down on my knee
I’ll ask the question, Please say yes, Will you Marry Me?




Long story short After posting the proposal and having her check her page. I proceeded to recite the above and offered her the ring in front of Caitlyn and our NYC family. She said YES!!!

No comments: